Welcome to Viticulture Extension
Welcome to the Viticulture Extension Website hosted by Acadia University. This website serves as a web-resource for news, images, research and extension services within Nova Scotia and Atlantic Canada for the viticulture industry. This resource has been developed with the support of GGANS (Grape Growing Association of Nova Scotia), WANS (Winery Association of Nova Scotia) and the NSERC (National Sciences and Engineering Research Council) Engage Grants Program.
**Photo Credit: Wines of Nova Scotia
- To provide resources and timely information specific to the regional grape and wine industry in Nova Scotia.
- Act as a clearinghouse for research and news items to the membership of WANS and GGANS, and the industry as a whole
- To provide a central point for amalagamation of regional research activities and enable industrial collaboration.
- Provide for innovation for management of pests, and viticulture technologies benefiting the region
What you'll find here:
- Grower Surveys for pest management concerns
- Research results from local/provincial studies on viticulture
- Links to community resources and local research initiative
Dr. Kirk Hillier